What Information We Collect
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Site
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Sites or mobile applications.
- You create an afrokulcha.com account
- You connect with afrokulcha.com regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, Afrokulcha.com’s Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from Afrokulcha.com.
- You enter a contest, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
- You interact with the Site through your computer, tablet or mobile device
How and Why We Collect the Information
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes Afrokulcha.com content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third Party Cookies
We allow third-party companies to collect anonymous information when you visit the Sites and to use that information to serve ads for Afrokulcha.com products or services or for products or services of other companies when you visit the Site or other websites. These companies may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Provide any requested services
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business
To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas
How We Protect the Information We Collect
We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only Afrokulcha.com is able to decode the information.
Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. Afrokulcha.com will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to Afrokulcha.com, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to Afrokulcha.com and their issuing bank or credit card company. We are asking all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters)
- Do not use the same password on more than one website
- Do not share your password with others
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal
How We Share the Information We Collect
We do not sell or rent customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, or data enhancement provider) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
How Do You Access and Update the Information
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an Afrokulcha.com account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
International Customer Privacy
- In some cases, Afrokulcha.com has partnered with companies [e.g., Mijireh, Inc., who does business under the name “Mijireh,” and PayPal, Inc. (“PayPal”), collectively, “Vendors”] as outside vendors that we have selected to help us facilitate international transactions. We work closely with these Vendors to ensure that your transaction is handled with care and all the information you provide is secure.
- As an international customer, when you click on the checkout button, you will be redirected to a checkout page hosted by Mijireh to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be required to select a method of payment and submit credit card and other information to Mijireh to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be presented with Mijireh’s terms and conditions which you must agree to in order to complete your order.
- If you have questions about your order, you should direct them to us and not to Mijireh.
- The Vendors may give you the opportunity to receive marketing messages from them, in which case you should refer to their terms and conditions for details about how they use your information.
- Any information you provide us is controlled and processed by Afro Kulcha (Pty) Ltd 308 Barry Hertzog Drive, Greenside, Johannesburg, South Africa or its suppliers (where indicated herein). As mentioned herein, your information provided at checkout will be controlled and processed a Vendor.
Customers shipping internationally who wish to enquire about or update information or change marketing preferences or anyone who wants to receive information about our international privacy program should contact us directly using one of the following methods:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Write us at Afro Kulcha (Pty) Ltd, P.O Box 30934, Kyalami, 1684