Comments Off on African books recommendation for July
Cosy up with these following books this July 2016 as you enjoy a little bit of Africa. A few books picked by our team from our bookstore at www.afrokulcha.com.
1. One of the best autobiographies ever written (well, according to us). It has all the juicy stuff from music, booze & drugs, quick divorces, flings & sex, and ooh so many fun & games. What an amazing life he has lived. One book you can’t afford to live without reading!
2. This fiction novel by Zukiswa Wanner is a lovely light read which will leave you smiling from ear to ear. The typical men of umzansi revealed, there are 3 types of men which you find in SA and their story is one you will laugh, nod your head to and certainly enjoy!
3. This Steve Biko’s book will remain the one book every South African must read, especially every black person in the world.
4. Without his knowledge, we have nicknamed this author “the cat with nine lives” 😆 Read about his story, of cos you might recognize all the characters mentioned in the book because he broke their story in the news. Find out why he has nine lives like the cat!
5. When we talk about overcoming life and it’s challenges, when we talk about strong women, izimbokodo! This book will leave your heart crushed but smiling for God has a plan for us all.
7. We couldn’t decided which of Angela Makholwa’s book to recommend first. Why? Because she writes like a pro. When we read her books, we felt like a friend was telling us a juicy story that we couldn’t wait to hear. All based in South Africa, great for lighter reading for first time African fiction readers.